Today we introduce you to Google Adsense, i. H. in a nutshell, a google advertising network that aims to display ads on your website for revenue. Unlike Adwords (Google Ads), Adsense pays website publishers who generate targeted traffic to their websites and therefore can monetize it through Google by earning a commission for the clicks of the ads placed on their pages.
How To Use Adsense To Generate Income? Follow these instructions below:
An advertising program open to everyone
The Adsense advertising program is open to everyone. No distinction is made between websites. Of course, the more traffic your website receives, the greater the chances of generating advertising revenue. It is completely free to set up an Adsense account and the agency rewards the sites that attract the most visitors by placing targeted and relevant ads on their pages.
Google advertises on the website with 2 million users and advocates targeted advertising to target groups. For example, if you have a boxing website, my ads on your website will definitely be sports friendly products and accessories, so keywords are especially important. Because it captures the intent of the user.
If you’re well placed on a keyword, it can attract potential buyers. Hence, it will be very interesting to place relevant banners on your website.
Selection on the screen
One of the advantages of using Google Adsense advertising is that you can block ads that you don’t like. In fact, from your seat, you can prevent the publication of an ad that does not suit your website or is not suitable for your audience. You can also let the search engine manage the display of the best ads for your website using machine learning algorithms.
Remember, the more clicks your banners get, the more money you will make. Advertising spaces must therefore be carefully placed in order to be visible without being intrusive.
Adsense also gets really interesting because it is also an additional way to bring targeted content to your audience. When your website is not supposed to sell a product or service, but rather deals with a specific topic. It is not intrusive for your visitors to see advertisements for partner sites that offer them paid products.
By maintaining your advertising space, you deliver ads that are not only relevant, but also enable you to generate more revenue.
It is out of the question to post an ad on a website in Europe that talks about a product available in the United States. Algorithms are rarely wrong and relevance often depends on the requirements of the site owner.
Displaying ads on your own website can be scary, so you need to think carefully and weigh the pros over ad revenue and the cons of changing your visitors’ experience. Adsense competes effectively with advertisers and you can choose the most profitable banners and run them on the pages of your website.
A multichannel display
The Google Adsense advertising agency offers a very well integrated integration of advertisements on smartphones and tablets. The power of Google thus becomes essential for websites wishing to enhance their qualified traffic.
Indeed, responsive websites that offer mobile versions perfect for small screens are not left out by Google. The Adsense agency indeed offers remuneration for your space on all media.
4 easy steps to use Adsense
1. The choice of advertising to send:
There are different types of ads: text ads that are somewhat reminiscent of AdWords ads on the Google search network, display ads with animated banners, or both. There are also rich media ads, flash ads, animated video and audio ads. In short, there’s something for everyone.
The first step is to choose the ad you want to broadcast on your site, among thousands of advertisers and in the sections you want.
2. Define your ad placements
Have you reserved a specific space for your ads on your website? This is where you’ll paste the code to see your ads running and start managing sales.
3. Automatic broadcast
Advertisers who want their ads to appear on your website bid on your space. Whoever wins the auction wins the display. This way, you generate the maximum possible income in your area.
4. Collection of payments
As soon as the ads appear on your Google site, they charge the advertisers directly and pay you the amount directly. There is no need to charge or maintain accounts to collect, and Adsense automatically pays for you.
Conditions of access to the Adsense program
Access to the AdSense ad program under the direction of Google officially requires 3 things:
1. A Google account: an email with a Gmail email address and, if possible, a Google My Business account.
2. Unique content: Google ensures the quality and relevance of your content before granting you access to the program.
3. A phone number and an address: Verification systems are implemented by Google to ensure that you can receive payments from advertising revenue.
Unofficially, since 2020 the Adsense program is more difficult for websites that receive minimal traffic. When you have no visitors to your website. You cannot use the program or earn income.
Why Adsense? Monetize your traffic
The Adsense program is open to everyone and allows everyone to offer advertising space on their website to generate income. However, only websites with regular traffic can really make money. This program is therefore recommended for sites that have a community of visitors and / or regular traffic from referral sources or referral links. Websites that register several hundred or even several thousand visitors per day will be able to take full advantage of the potential of advertising management.
In order to start earning money with Google Adsense, you will need a minimum of a few hundred visitors.
An economic model at CPM and CPC
Two economic models coexist on Adsense models:
- At Cost per mile: This model corresponds to the price paid by the advertiser for 1000 views / displays of the advertisement.
- At cost per click: This is to compensate you for the number of clicks on the banner or text ad that is displayed on your site.When a user clicks on the ad, you will receive the amount defined by the advertiser, obviously as a deduction from the platform’s commission.
So If you think you have enough traffic on your site to allow you to take advantage of Adsense, let’s find out how to register.
1. Go to the Google Adsense site
Then click on: register now. You will then be offered a basic form. Be careful for the address of your website to put the final URL of your site. If you have redirects in the same way as on Adwords, it will not work. Also remember to correctly enter the email address associated with your Google account (Gmail).
Once the general conditions accepted, you find yourself on the following Adsense space: The first thing you will need to configure. This is your payment profile. It is indeed necessary as we saw above in the article to have a postal address, a valid telephone number and in adequacy with your country of residence declared during the creation of the Google Adsense account.
2. Connect the site to Adsense management
In order to connect the advertising platform to your site, you will need to integrate a code to place between the < head > and < / Head > tags.
The code must be integrated on all the pages of the site on which you want to broadcast the ads. This is example below:
<script data-ad-client=”ca-pub-91353652xxxxxxx” async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script>
The Customer Code shown here in red is composed of a combination of numbers and allows the platform to identify the pages.
3. Google Adsense approval process for your site
Access to the account will be grayed out until the final approval process is completed. It can take up to 48 hours for approval. Make sure you have completed your information correctly.
Following final Adsense approval, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to get started on the platform.
A word about the rules of user consent
It is necessary to obtain the consent of your visitors in order to display your advertising using cookies (remarketing) and personalized advertising technologies. In order to get consent from your users, you need to display a pop-up window or special message on your website.
Your Adsense account is approved!
You have received the email confirming that the Adsense account has been successfully approved. So you can get started on the platform.
In the left menu, click> Ads> By ad unit
This brings you to the next page:
3 types of advertising can be offered to you:
1. Show ads
As you can see in the image below, the ad is displayed on a banner in a page of the site. Clicking on the blue arrow in the upper right corner of the banner will take you to a Google explainer page, which should tell you why this targeted advertisement was shown on your site.
Text and graphic ads on the Display Network’s Google explain page to tell you why this targeted ad served on your page.
2. In-Feed ads or native ads
In-Feed ads are chameleon ads and are incorporated into content on the same topic and in the same format. This type of advertising is not very intrusive for the Internet user and allows good targeting.
3. Advertisements in an article
Finally, with in-article advertisements, you can place in-article advertisements between paragraphs. This type of advertising often appears on blogs, here are some examples:
Let’s look at a text and graphic ad on the display network
Here you will find the different sizes of banners available, namely:
1. Responsive: This type of advertising adapts to all types of sites and screens
2. Ranking 728 x 90: usually displayed at the top of main content
3. Filing 728 x 90
4. Rectangles 336 x 280: this format is mainly used for the integration of content, similar to native ads
5,336 x 280 large rectangles
6. 320 x 100 banners for mobile devices: With higher height, it adapts well to verticality
7.320 x 100 large moving banners
8. 300 x 600 half-page formats: the banner is displayed in width on the right part of the page, allowing advertisers to work more graphically by displaying more elements.
9.300 x 600 half page sizes
For full information on accepted ad formats, you can contact Google Support under the link: Ad sizes.
Texts and ad styles
Customizing the styles of the ads that appear on your website allows for consistency in design, colors, and appearance. Google Adsense offers a tool to sort these items in case advertisers don’t have their own images and advertising media. This saves you from having a slightly dark and black advertisement on a website where everything is white and very light.
The idea is to incorporate as much advertising as possible into the design of your site without shocking and annoying the visitor.
Behavior selection below Show impossibility
Before saving you have to configure the behavior here if no banner is available eg. B. Display a color or something.
Then save to get the code> The script needs to be embedded into the source code on your end before the ads are shown with the proper configuration.
Quick discovery of an “in-feed” campaign
As you can see in the images above in the article, in-feed ads appear on your content. When viewers scroll through content vertically, they see in-feed ads seamlessly integrated into the content feeds.
They are therefore very discreet and not intrusive, they generally enhance the existing content with advertisements related to the surrounding content. With the new version of Adsense, you can integrate this type of advertising very well into your content. Again, here is an example of an article ad. And especially between two paragraphs of the same article.
10 tips to boost the performance of your Adsense ads?
1. Identify the best advertising spots. It means the most visible
2. Create new content for advertising (if you already have traffic or an audience) Do not hesitate to think about the possibility of including advertising content from the start.
3. Integrate your advertising into your content as much as possible and be as intrusive as possible. Each of the players must find their account as well as the Internet user, the owner of the site and the advertiser.
4. Play with color strategies. There should always be a well-defined boundary between the ads and the content of your page.
5. Use action buttons (CTAs) to grab the attention of your visitors. One trick is to place your ads next to manage clicks.
6. Increase traffic from you. Your income is directly related to the number of clicks and views. By increasing your traffic, you will mathematically increase your income.
7. Create the pages of its sites taking into account the advertising space from the start. This way you can bet more without being too aggressive.
8. Segment and divide your content into multiple pages. Instead of having all of your content on one page, you only display some of your content on one page and the rest on another page. This allows more display options.
9. Create great value content. You shouldn’t give up and always try to deliver high quality, engaging content by being creative and original.
10. Build a network of partners, work on your backlinks to get qualified traffic to your website and thus monetize your audience.
The click of fraud
If there is one place where fraud is mentioned, it is on banner advertising, where it is commonplace. Google tracks robots that automatically click on automatic banners or webmasters who click or click on their banners to generate income.
Likewise, websites specially designed for banner placement and scams have become all the rage in recent years. Don’t think the huge Google is stupid. Make sure the # 1 search engine relentlessly tracks down scammers and doesn’t hesitate to ban those who break the rules. Do not have fun with it at the risk of leaving the game for good.
Conclusion on Adsense Advertising
If you have a website with high traffic potential (see Google Analytics). Adsense could then allow you to generate interesting income by showing advertisements on your pages. Remember, if you don’t have a steady flow of visitors, the first thing to do is definitely increase your traffic and increase your daily visits. Working on SEO with additional content marketing will be a first step in generating income from your traffic.
If you are lucky enough to have qualified traffic on your website and be picky about the advertisements that appear. Make real choices and remember you are the boss! A sc